Join Insurance and Legal industry leaders at the highly anticipated 2019 Unconscious Bias Conference and immerse yourself in a thought-provoking curriculum.
2019 Unconscious Bias Conference – Curriculum
The 2019 Unconscious Bias Conference curriculum will tackle the following key questions:
- What is unconscious and gender bias, and what are some examples applicable to the insurance industry?
- How to identify bias in yourself and in others?
- What are some practical tools for responding to instances of bias from all perspectives (the biased person, the subjected person, a bystander)?
- Why does reducing bias in the workplace matter (to the individual and to the organization)?
- What can leaders do to systemically reduce bias in the workplace?
Nicknamed “the negotiator” since childhood, Fotini Iconomopoulos is an expert communicator with a passion for helping organizations and individuals get what they want. For the last decade, she has been helping Fortune 500 clients and audiences to achieve their business goals, increase profitability, and create a competitive advantage. She thrives on empowering people to navigate through high-stake scenarios, and always leaves her audiences with tangible actions to immediately help them tackle their next challenge. Fotini is the founder of Forward Focusing.
When she’s not strategizing with clients, Fotini is a sought-after speaker on negotiation, communication, leadership and conflict management, and is passionate about helping people, particularly women and disadvantaged groups, develop the confidence to take on whatever challenges come their way. She is also a frequent guest on CBC and CTV and an adjunct professor of MBA Negotiations at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto.
MODERATOR / OPENING & CLOSING REMARKS
November 12th, 2019 | The Advocates’ Society | Toronto
250 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON
8:30am – 9:00am Registration/Breakfast
9:00am – 4:30pm (keynote, sessions, panels)
4:30pm Closing Remarks
4:45pm-6:00pm Cocktail Hour / Networking
*Lunch will be provided*
This program contains 6 hours of EDI Professionalism Content via the:
Law Society of Ontario
The curriculum was designed to provide delegates with the following key take-aways to bring back to their respective organizations:
- Understand how to recognize and define unconscious and gender biases in the workplace
- Know how to use practical tools to address instance of bias in a positive and proactive manner
- Appreciate how diversity greatly benefits places of work, and what values a diverse leadership team brings to an organization + much more
Click HERE to RSVP for this FREE Conference
Register early as SPACE IS LIMITED!
Brought to you by: