Claire Miller B.E.SC., P.Eng.
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Ms. Claire Miller is an Associate with the Civil/Structural Group at 30 Forensic Engineering. She graduated the University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Engineering Science in Civil Engineering, with a Structural option. Claire started her career in the building forensics and rehabilitation industry, performing many field investigations, failure analyses, and repair specifications for existing buildings. Since joining 30 Forensic Engineering, Claire has conducted investigations involving compliance with building codes and standards and building failures.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Building Condition Assessments
- Repair and Restoration of Buildings
- Building Fire Damage Assessments
- Building Code Compliance Assessment
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Civil Engineering (Structural Option), University of Western Ontario, 2015
30 Forensic Engineering
Associate – Civil/Structural
2018 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Conducting investigations involving compliance with building codes and standards and building failures.
- Performing site examinations to collect information pertaining to the incident loss.
- Reviewing and analyzing building department inspection records and plans.
Carvajal Structural Engineers Inc.
2015 – 2018, Toronto, ON
- Performed emergency and regularly scheduled field investigations to assess building conditions.
- Prepared written technical reports and procedures in response to investigations of existing structures.
- Assisted in structural engineering design, including preparation of technical drawings, calculations, specifications and procedures.
- Coordinated the tendering process, including the analysis of bids and providing bid recommendations.
Bluescape Construction Management Inc.
Assistant to Project Manager
2014, Toronto, ON
- Provided project support to multiple project managers, including evaluation and preparation of tender and contract documents and scheduling meetings with contractors and consultants.
- Attended and coordinated office and on-site meetings, documenting key actions in meeting minutes.
Toronto Water, Major Capital Projects
2013, Toronto, ON
- Provided two senior project managers with support for on-going projects, including RFP preparation and development.
- Attended meetings with consultants and contractors.
- Performed data analysis for a storm water sewer maintenance program.
Professional societies and associations
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) Member
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC), Professional Member
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba, Professional Member
Additional Courses and training
- Amendments to Part 9 of Ontario Building Code, 2019
- Amendments to Stairs, Guards and Handrails in Ontario Building Code, 2019
- George Brown: Part 9 The House Health and Safety, 2019
- George Brown: Part 9 The House Building Envelope, 2020
- George Brown: General Legal Process and Powers and Duties, 2018
- Sessional Lecturer, “Forensic Biomechanics: Personal Injury: Stairway Falls”, Undergraduate Course KIN 326, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, 2020
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS