Claire Miller B.Eng., P.Eng.
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Ms. Miller is an Associate with the Civil/Structural Group at 30 Forensic Engineering. She holds a Bachelor of Engineering Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Western Ontario, with a Structural option. Claire started her career in the building forensics and rehabilitation industry, performing many field investigations, failure analyses, and repair specifications for existing buildings.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Building Condition Assessments
- Repair and Restoration of Buildings
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Civil Engineering (Structural Option), University of Western Ontario, 2015
30 Forensic Engineering
Associate – Civil/Structural
October 2018 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Conduct investigations involving structural and building system failures or damage to buildings or non-building structures.
- Perform condition assessments of buildings and properties.
Carvajal Structural Engineers Inc.
May 2015 – October 2018, Toronto, ON
- Performed emergency and regularly scheduled field investigations to assess building conditions.
- Prepared written technical reports and procedures in response to investigations of existing structures.
- Assisted in structural engineering design, including preparation of technical drawings, calculations, specifications and procedures.
- Coordinated the tendering process, including the analysis of bids and providing bid recommendations.
Bluescape Construction Management Inc.
Assistant to Project Manager
May 2014 – August 2014, Toronto, ON
- Provided project support to multiple project managers, including evaluation and preparation of tender and contract documents and scheduling meetings with contractors and consultants.
- Attended and coordinated office and on-site meetings, documenting key actions in meeting minutes.
Toronto Water, Major Capital Projects
May 2013 – August 2013, Toronto, ON
- Provided two senior project managers with support for on-going projects, including RFP preparation and development.
- Attended meetings with consultants and contractors.
- Performed data analysis for a storm water sewer maintenance program.
Professional societies and associations
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) Member
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS