Deepak Bhathal B.A., CRSP
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Mr. Bhathal is an Intermediate Associate in the Remediation Group at 30 Forensic Engineering. He is a purpose driven, community oriented Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) professional with over 10 years of experience in the engineering consulting and construction industries. Mr. Bhathal has extensive experience as the point of contact for clients, providing technical and best practices expertise. He has been the lead on various EH&S projects such as air quality and odour control, water quality, asbestos and mould sampling and abatement, occupational hygiene, HVAC and hazard assessments.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
· Environmental Health & Safety
· Indoor Air Quality and Odour Control
· Project Management
· Client Outreach & Intermediary
· Hazard Assessments and Control
· Asbestos Assessment and Abatement
· Mould Assessment and Abatement
· Occupational Hygiene
Bachelor of Arts, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, 2009
Measurement and Analysis, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, 2016
30 Forensic Engineering
Intermediate Associate – Remediation
January 2019 – Present, Ottawa, ON
- Perform site examinations related to environmental losses and failures.
- Communicate investigation findings and analyses to colleagues, clients, and regulators.
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work and deliver consulting services on time and within budget.
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, standards and other possible regulatory requirements.
- Test operation of systems and equipment.
- Develop and prepare technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Prepare technical reports based on professional practice standards and sound investigation and assessment principles.
Air Quality Engineering
Manager – Environment, Health & Safety
June 2012 – August 2018, Toronto, ON
- Review and advise clients and stakeholders on health and safety acts, regulations, and best practices in a variety of industry sectors.
- Develop and deliver health and safety policy and training.
- Perform occupational hazard assessments, workplace inspections and incident investigations in retail, office and industrial settings.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Prepare reports and client/worker communications.
- Conduct proactive and reactive sampling and assessments of indoor environments, air quality, noise, vibration, drinking water, and ventilation systems.
- Conduct asbestos, legionella and confined space audits.
- Plan and supervise remediation and abatement operations.
June 2009 – May 2012, Toronto, ON
Lead labourer and construction hand.
- Maintained and oversaw a safe work environment.
- Assisted in estimating costs and setting timelines.
- Safely operated various construction tools and machinery.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND DESIGNATIONS
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), current since 2017
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), current since 2018
- Council-Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE), current since 2015
- LEED-AP O+M, current since 2014
- Environmental Professional in Training (EPt), current since 2018
- First Aid & CPR, current since 2012
- Working at Heights/Fall Prevention, current since 2013
- Ladder Safety, current since 2012
- WHMIS, current since 2012
- Currently pursuing the Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) designation
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS