Grant Elligsen P.Eng, CRSP, LEED-AP O&M, C-NRPP
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Mr. Elligsen is a Senior Associate in the Remediation Group at 30 Forensic Engineering with project management and leadership experience, specializing in commercial, retail, industrial and residential environmental projects and assessments. Grant has extensive experience in all facets of delivering indoor environmental projects and occupational health and safety assessments. Grant’s environmental experience includes: air quality, industrial hygiene, designated substances, noise, water quality, Legionella and confined space assessments.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Indoor air quality
- Industrial hygiene
- Occupational health and safety
- Confined spaces
- Asbestos and designated substances
- Health and safety training
Honours Bachelor of Science in Engineering, University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario, 2008
- CRSP Exam Preparatory Course, Institute for Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Inc (IQSEM), 2018, Toronto, ON
- WHMIS 2015 Refresher, WHMIS.ca, 2018, Toronto, ON
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification – Part One, Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA), 2017, Mississauga, ON
- Working at Heights, Safety First Ltd., 2017, Toronto, ON
- Asbestos Handling and Analysis, EMSL, 2016, Mississauga, ON
- First Aid Training, Emergency Care Instruction Services (ECIS), 2016, Mississauga, ON
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps, Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL), 2015, Toronto, ON
- Radon Measurement, Mr. Radon, 2013, Markham, ON
- Confined Space Entry, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Working from Heights – Fundamentals in Fall Prevention, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Simulated Hazard Awareness, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Construction Health and Safety Representative, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Sector Specific Training (Construction), IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Basics of Supervising, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Asbestos Worker 253W, Safety Express Ltd., 2011, Mississauga, ON
- Vapour Intrusion for Industrial Hygienists, American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce), 2009, Toronto, ON
- Green Buildings and LEED-AP Workshop, Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), 2009, Toronto, ON
30 Forensic Engineering
Senior Associate — Remediation
July 2018 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Perform site examinations related to environmental losses and failures.
- Communicate investigation findings and analyses to colleagues, clients, and regulators.
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work and deliver consulting services on time and within budget.
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, standards and other possible regulatory requirements.
- Test operation of systems and equipment.
- Develop and prepare technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Prepare technical reports based on professional practice standards and sound investigation and assessment principles.
- Perform additional duties as required.
AQE Indoor Environmental Engineering Inc.
Manager, Indoor Environment
2007 – July 2018, Toronto, ON
- Develop and deliver health and safety training programs both internally and for clients.
- Interpret various environmental health and safety guidelines, codes, standards and legislation to train workers across Canada.
- Conduct hazard assessments, ongoing inspections and incident investigations.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day field work and coordinate timing of new projects and ongoing reports.
- Train colleagues on health and safety programs, hazard identification, occupational hygiene testing procedures and the corresponding theory and systems.
- Conduct air quality, industrial hygiene, designated substances, noise, water quality, Legionella and confined spaces assessments.
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations for the various environmental and health and safety assessments.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES and Designations
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), Member
- Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), Member
- American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC), Member
- Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST), Member
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), Member
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), 2018
- Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program, Certified Professional (C-NRPP), Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST), 2013
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), 2012
- LEED – Accredited Professional Operations & Maintenance (LEED-AP O&M), Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC), 2011
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS