Grant Elligsen P.Eng., CRSP, CFSC, CHSC
Our Leadership Team manages and directs decisions for our employees, helping ensure we are fulfilling the company’s strategic and organizational goals. In addition, they establish and maintain key relationships with business partners that further enhance our profitability and strong industry position.
Mr. Grant Elligsen is Practice Lead of the Remediation, Environmental, and Health & Safety Group at 30 Forensic Engineering. Grant has extensive experience conducting occupational health and safety investigations, specializing in labour and employment critical injury and fatality investigations. Grant also has a background in all facets of indoor environmental projects, including fire, smoke, and water damage, and industrial hygiene assessments.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Labour and employment critical injury and fatality investigations
- Occupational health and safety assessments
- Standard of care assessments
- Developing and administering health and safety training
- Industrial hygiene
- Fire and smoke damage investigations
- Indoor air quality
- Mould and water damage assessments and remediation
- Confined spaces
- Asbestos and designated substances and abatement
Honours Bachelor of Science in Engineering, University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario, 2008
- Essentials of Risk Management for the OHSE Practitioner, Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), 2022
- Applied Risk Communications for OHSE Practitioners, Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), 2022
- Developing Effective OHSE Training Courses, CSSE, 2022
- Project Management for the H&S Professional, CSSE, 2021
- Legal Obligations and Liabilities of the OHSE Professional, CSSE, 2021
- Consulting Skills for the OH&S Professional, CSSE, 2021
- Fire and Smoke Damage Consultant, IAQ Prep Courses, 2020
- CRSP Exam Preparatory Course, Institute for Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Inc (IQSEM), 2018, Toronto, ON
- WHMIS 2015 Refresher, WHMIS.ca, 2018, Toronto, ON
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification – Part One, Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA), 2017, Mississauga, ON
- Working at Heights, Safety First Ltd., 2017, Toronto, ON
- Asbestos Handling and Analysis, EMSL, 2016, Mississauga, ON
- First Aid Training, Emergency Care Instruction Services (ECIS), 2016, Mississauga, ON
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps, Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL), 2015, Toronto, ON
- Radon Measurement, Mr. Radon, 2013, Markham, ON
- Confined Space Entry, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Working from Heights – Fundamentals in Fall Prevention, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Simulated Hazard Awareness, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Construction Health and Safety Representative, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Sector Specific Training (Construction), IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Basics of Supervising, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Asbestos Worker 253W, Safety Express Ltd., 2011, Mississauga, ON
- Vapour Intrusion for Industrial Hygienists, American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce), 2009, Toronto, ON
- Green Buildings and LEED-AP Workshop, Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), 2009, Toronto, ON
30 Forensic Engineering
Practice Lead, Remediation, Environmental, Health & Safety
2023 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Provide expert opinions and reports for workplace personal injuries.
- Investigate workplace personal injuries as it relates to occupational health and safety.
- Develop internal health and safety program and develop and administer health and safety training.
- Develop scope of work and provide contractor oversight and project management to ensure worker health and safety during demolition, remediation, abatement, and restoration projects.
- Manage projects according to client-approved scope of work and deliver consulting services on time and within budget.
- Review plans, specifications, policy, and procedures to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, standards, and other possible regulatory requirements.
- Prepare technical reports based on professional practice standards and sound investigation and assessment principles.
- Communicate investigation findings and analyses to colleagues, clients, and regulators.
- Perform site examinations related to environmental losses and failures.
Senior Associate, Remediation
2018 – 2023, Toronto, ON
AQE Indoor Environmental Engineering Inc.
Manager, Indoor Environment
2007 – 2018, Toronto, ON
- Develop and deliver health and safety training programs both internally and for clients.
- Interpret various environmental health and safety guidelines, codes, standards and legislation to train workers across Canada.
- Conduct hazard assessments, ongoing inspections and incident investigations.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day field work and coordinate timing of new projects and ongoing reports.
- Train colleagues on health and safety programs, hazard identification, occupational hygiene testing procedures and the corresponding theory and systems.
- Conduct air quality, industrial hygiene, designated substances, noise, water quality, Legionella and confined spaces assessments.
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations for the various environmental and health and safety assessments.
- Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC), Licensed Member
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geologists of Alberta (APEGA), Licensed Member
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), Member
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), Member
- Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), Member
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), Member
- Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC), 2022
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC), 2022
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Association of Professional Engineers and Geologists of Alberta (APEGA), 2021
- Council-certified Fire and Smoke Damage Consultant (CFSC), 2020
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), 2018
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), 2012
- Volunteer Subcommittee Member, Pre-Start Health and Safety Review Guideline, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), April 2020 - Present
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS