Grant Elligsen P.Eng, CRSP, LEED-AP O&M, C-NRPP
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Mr. Grant Elligsen is a Senior Associate in the Remediation Group at 30 Forensic Engineering. Grant has extensive experience conducting occupational health and safety investigations, specializing in workplace personal injury investigations in the construction sector. Grant also has a background in all facets of indoor environmental projects, including fire and smoke damage and industrial hygiene assessments.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Workplace personal injury investigations
- Occupational health and safety assessments
- Developing and administering health and safety training
- Industrial hygiene
- Fire and smoke damage investigations
- Indoor air quality
- Mould assessments and remediation
- Confined spaces
- Asbestos and designated substances and abatement
Honours Bachelor of Science in Engineering, University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario, 2008
- Fire and Smoke Damage Consultant, IAQ Prep Courses, 2020
- CRSP Exam Preparatory Course, Institute for Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Inc (IQSEM), 2018, Toronto, ON
- WHMIS 2015 Refresher, WHMIS.ca, 2018, Toronto, ON
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification – Part One, Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA), 2017, Mississauga, ON
- Working at Heights, Safety First Ltd., 2017, Toronto, ON
- Asbestos Handling and Analysis, EMSL, 2016, Mississauga, ON
- First Aid Training, Emergency Care Instruction Services (ECIS), 2016, Mississauga, ON
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps, Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL), 2015, Toronto, ON
- Radon Measurement, Mr. Radon, 2013, Markham, ON
- Confined Space Entry, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Working from Heights – Fundamentals in Fall Prevention, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Simulated Hazard Awareness, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Construction Health and Safety Representative, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Sector Specific Training (Construction), IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Basics of Supervising, IHSA, 2012, Mississauga, ON
- Asbestos Worker 253W, Safety Express Ltd., 2011, Mississauga, ON
- Vapour Intrusion for Industrial Hygienists, American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce), 2009, Toronto, ON
- Green Buildings and LEED-AP Workshop, Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), 2009, Toronto, ON
30 Forensic Engineering
Senior Associate — Remediation
July 2018 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Provide expert opinions and reports for workplace personal injuries.
- Investigate workplace personal injuries as it relates to occupational health and safety.
- Develop internal health and safety program and develop and administer health and safety training.
- Develop scope of work and provide contractor oversight and project management to ensure worker health and safety during demolition, remediation, abatement, and restoration projects.
- Manage projects according to client-approved scope of work and deliver consulting services on time and within budget.
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, standards and other possible regulatory requirements.
- Prepare technical reports based on professional practice standards and sound investigation and assessment principles.
- Communicate investigation findings and analyses to colleagues, clients, and regulators.
- Perform site examinations related to environmental losses and failures.
AQE Indoor Environmental Engineering Inc.
Manager, Indoor Environment
2007 – July 2018, Toronto, ON
- Develop and deliver health and safety training programs both internally and for clients.
- Interpret various environmental health and safety guidelines, codes, standards and legislation to train workers across Canada.
- Conduct hazard assessments, ongoing inspections and incident investigations.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day field work and coordinate timing of new projects and ongoing reports.
- Train colleagues on health and safety programs, hazard identification, occupational hygiene testing procedures and the corresponding theory and systems.
- Conduct air quality, industrial hygiene, designated substances, noise, water quality, Legionella and confined spaces assessments.
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations for the various environmental and health and safety assessments.
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), Member
- Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), Member
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), Member
- Council-certified Fire and Smoke Damage Consultant (CFSC), 2020
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), 2018
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), 2012
- Volunteer Subcommittee Member, Pre-Start Health and Safety Review Guideline, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), April 2020 - Present
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS