Harrison Griffiths B.Sc.E, P.Eng.
Our Associates perform on-site investigations to determine origin and cause of complex losses. Their process: examine and collect evidence, take on-site photos, interview witnesses, conduct testing in our lab and analyze data to produce technical reports that are clear and concise.
Mr. Harrison Griffiths is an Associate with the Collision Reconstruction Group at -30- Forensic Engineering. He graduated from Queen’s University with a Bachelor of Science and Engineering (Mechanical) in 2012. He joined 30 Forensic Engineering in November 2015, and has since developed investigation expertise in relation to motor vehicle collisions and accident reconstructions of various types. Harrison has cultivated his knowledge of extracting electronic vehicle data, and has conducted several comparative experimental reconstruction tests. Harrison is recognized as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, and is a member of the Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists (CATAIR) as well as the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Collision Reconstruction involving Automobiles, Commercial Vehicles, Cyclists, Pedestrians, and Recreational Vehicles such as ATVs and Snowmobiles
- Vehicle and Collision Scene Examinations
- Airbag Control Module Data Retrieval and Analysis
- Toyota/Lexus/Scion Vehicle Control History Data Retrieval and Analysis
- Telematics/Infotainment Data Retrieval and Analysis
- Vehicle Dynamics Modelling and Simulations
- 3D Point Cloud Data Analysis and Visualizations
- Restraint System Usage and Effectiveness Assessment
Bachelor of Science and Engineering (Mechanical), Queen’s University, 2012
Certificate in Digital Media Skills, OCAD University, 2017
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Design Basics, International Association of Arson Investigators, CFI Trainer, February 2021
- Additional Snowmobile Crash Testing with Ontario Provincial Police, Midhurst, Ontario, February 2021
- Snowmobile Crash Testing with Ontario Provincial Police, Midhurst, Ontario, February 2020
- Tesla EDRs & Toyota Vehicle Control History Course, Ontario Provincial Police Headquarters, Orillia, Ontario, December 2019
- NFPA Alternative Fuel Vehicles Online Safety Training Program – Responding to Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Incidents, June 2019
- Racelogic Webinar Training Session, VBOX Automotive Data Logging, June 2019
- EDR Summit, Houston, Texas, March 2019
- Hybrid & Electric Vehicles, Centennial College, Toronto, Ontario, December 2018
- Passenger and Commercial Vehicle Tires Seminar, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, Toronto, June 2017
- 2016 PIA Law Conference—Practical Strategies for Experts: Testifying Without Fear, October 2016
- Autodesk 3DS Max Fundamentals Training Course, Toronto, September 2016
- World Reconstruction Expositions, WREX, Orlando, Florida, May 2016
- Reconstruction and Analysis of Motorcycle Crashes, Society of Automotive Engineers, Detroit, 2016
- Expert Witness Training, The Advocates’ Society, Toronto, 2016
- Advanced Collision Reconstruction with CDR Applications, Durham, 2016
- PC Crash 10.1 Online Training, Essentials: Introduction to PC Crash, Vehicle Control, Looking at the Results, and Latest Features of Version 10.1
-30- Forensic Engineering
November 2015 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Perform investigations in relation to motor vehicle collisions.
- Field examination and data collection from collision sites, vehicles, and perform comparative experimental testing.
- Vehicle damage assessments.
- Review and assess quantitative accident data for collision severity (delta-v) determinations and motor vehicle kinematics.
Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
November 2012 – November 2015, Mississauga, ON
- On site construction coordination focusing on Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Commissioning coordinator for building services, fire suppression, HVAC, Process Control, and SCADA Integration.
- Worked on Ashbridges Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant D-Building Upgrade as well as the West Richmond Hill Pumping Station contracts.
professional societies and associations
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), Member
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International, Registered Associate
- Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists (CATAIR), Member
PUBLICATIONS and Speaking Engagements
- “Collision Reconstruction: Pedestrian Impacts”, Guest Lecture, University of Toronto, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, Toronto, ON, February 2021
- “Collision Reconstruction: Event Data Recorders”, Guest Lecture, University of Toronto, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, Toronto, ON, March 2020
- “Snowmobile Pole Crash Tests,” M. Paquette, H. Griffiths, D. Wong, Society of Automotive Engineers International, Report No. 2021-01-0876
- “Snowmobile Lane Change Dynamics with One and Two Occupants,” M. Paquette, H. Griffiths, Society of Automotive Engineers International, Report No. 2019-01-0429
- “Comparison of Snowmobile Braking Deceleration with One and Two Occupants,” M. Paquette, H. Griffiths, Accident Reconstruction Journal, November/December 2018
- Griffiths, H. Biomechanics of the Facet Joints Along Various Spine Regions as a Function of Anatomy/Physiology
- Griffiths, H. Cold External Temperature Effects on Human Mobility and Dexterity as a Function of Blood Flow
NEWS / INSIGHTS / EVENTS