Intermediate Associate, Civil/Structural
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff serve a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
Based out of the Vancouver office, the Intermediate Associate will report to the Practice Lead of the Civil/Structural Group in Toronto, and collaborate with fellow subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports in a clear, concise, efficient, and professional manner.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Perform site examinations, document review, and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients.
- Prepare structural calculations, structural simulations, and technical drawings from field measurements, sketches, and other data.
- Prepare technical reports and drawings based upon sound investigations and analysis.
- Begin to independently manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing, and accounts receivable on their projects according to organizational best practices
- Begin to directly liaise with clients on a regular basis and provide updates throughout the investigation
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s mission, vision and values.
- Develop an understanding of the market and begin to contribute to marketing events, and moving towards independent marketing presence.
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines.
- Work towards providing expert testimony in court.
- Spend approximately 70% of your time working on client files
- Spend approximately 10% of your time on industry and marketing activities
- Spend approximately 20% of your time on professional development
- Work from our Vancouver office, located in downtown Vancouver 6 to 8 times a month
- 4-6 years experience
- Registered as a Professional engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively is critical
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel throughout Canada
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for continuous learning
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning computer applications including business operation metrics as well as
- Proficient in, at least, one finite element program for advanced (nonlinear) structural analysis, such as ABAQUS, DIANA, ANSYS, etc.
- Excellent teamwork skills and capable to work independently
How We Work:
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting, and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic engineering firm in Canada, servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary that is line with our defined pay structure
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid remote work along with a variety of virtual and in-person events to help drive business and also connect with your colleagues
- Extended Health & Dental from day one
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (for employee and dependents)
- PTO – Vacation & Personal Days
- Learning & Development
- Coverage of relevant certifications
- Wellness subsidy
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How We Work:
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager(s) Interview
- Team Interview
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our applicant tracking system – https://30fe.bamboohr.com/careers/83
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted