We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Accounting Associate will report directly into the Manager of Finance, and provide exemplary customer service to external clients and administrative support to internal clients by performing all duties professionally and efficiently.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and maintain financial reports
- Assist in the maintenance of the chart of accounts through processing journal entries, period-end adjustments, and fixed-asset tracking.
- Perform collection calls to inform clients of overdue payments and accounts
- Liaise with engineers/clients to resolve aged accounts receivable status
- Prepare and send invoice statements
- Answer incoming calls from clients and vendors on A/R and A/P related matters
- Prepare and perform daily/weekly deposit to bank
- Maintain and update various AR databases
- Prepare purchase orders and post vendor invoices
- Reconcile vendor and credit card statements
- Review employee expense reports for accuracy
- Assist with external audit
- Perform additional duties as required
- Minimum 2 years office experience in an accounts receivable capacity, preferably in the professional services industry
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus on accounting
- Experience with soft collections
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to identify and support needs to external and internal client base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Deltek Vantagepoint ERP considered and asset.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong commitment to client service
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary that is line with our defined pay structure
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid remote work along with a variety of virtual and in-person events to help drive business and also connect with your colleagues
- Extended Health & Dental from day one
- Employee and Family assistance Program (for employee and dependents)
- PTO – Vacation and Personal Days
- Learning & Development
- Coverage of relevant certifications
How we work:
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
30 Forensic Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager(s) Interview
- Team Interview
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to: https://30fe.bamboohr.com/careers/80
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.