Associate, Biomechanics of falls
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Accounting Associate will report directly into the Manager, Accounting and provide exemplary customer service to external clients and administrative support to internal clients by performing all duties professionally and efficiently. The focus of the role is on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, but other Accounting, Finance, and Operations related tasks will be included on an ad hoc basis.
- • Prepare and maintain financial reports
• Assist in the maintenance of the chart of accounts through processing journal entries, period end adjustments, and fixed-asset tracking
• Perform collection calls to inform clients of overdue payments and accounts
• Correspond with engineers/clients to resolve aged accounts receivable status
• Prepare and send invoices/statements
• Answer incoming calls from clients and vendors
• Prepare and perform daily deposits to bank
• Maintain and update various AR databases
• Prepare purchase orders and post vendor invoices
• Reconcile vendor and credit card statements
• Review employee expense reports for accuracy
• Assist with external audit
• Perform additional duties as required
- • Post-secondary degree/diploma; ideally with a focus on Accounting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written
• Ability to identify and support needs of external and internal client base
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and NetSuite or any other ERP software
Competencies and Attributes:
- • Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
• Professional and pleasant telephone manner
• Strong organization skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Proficient in learning new computer applications
• Thorough and Results Oriented
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Strong commitment to client service
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.