Associate Engineer, Fire Investigations
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Associate Engineer will report directly to the Practice Lead of the Fire and Electrical Group and assist with team leadership for one or two Associates. In addition, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare engineering reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on projects according to organizational best practices
- Continue to establish your presence in the marketplace through regular publication, in-person client meetings and participation in professional communities
- Move towards independence in client interactions and file-based analysis
- Begin to manage projects in an efficient manner and develop an understanding of billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
- Perform site examinations, document review and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
- Develop a market understanding and begin to contribute to marketing events, moving towards independent marketing presence
- Be prepared to provide expert testimony in court
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (post-degree) working as a fire investigator.
- Currently registered with the PEO
- Additional certifications sought for this role: CFEI, CVFI, CFI, WETT, G1, LP, GPI
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards such as NFPA 921, 1033, and the Fire Code
- Exposure to engineering in a consulting environment preferred with a sound base in the application of engineering to solve complex problems
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our online application process, by visiting here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.