Associate Engineer, Structural & Building Science
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Associate will report directly into Practice Lead/Senior Associate, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- • Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on their projects according to organizational best practices.
• Establish their presence in the marketplace through continued publication, in-person client meetings, and participation in their professional communities.
• Move towards independence in client interactions and file-based analysis.
• Manage projects in an efficient manner and develop an understanding of any billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs).
• Perform site examinations, document review and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients
• Work within a collaborative environment, both within the team and across disciplines
• Develop a market understanding and begin to contribute to marketing events, moving towards independent marketing presence.
• Work towards providing expert testimony in court
• Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
• Additional duties related to the Civil/Structural practice as required
• The Associate will spend approximately 70% of their time working on client files
• The Associate will spend approximately 10% of their time on industry and marketing activities
• The Associate will spend approximately 20% of their time on professional development
- • P. Eng
• Currently registered or eligible for registration with the PEO
• Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in structural engineering and building science
• Experience with residential building construction
• Knowledge of building codes and standards
• Exposure to engineering or scientific consulting environment preferred
• Willing to travel across Canada
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent technical writing skills are a must
• Good presentation skills are an asset
• Valid Drivers License
Competencies and Attributes:
- • Ability to manage projects
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
• Capacity for learning
• Capability to work independently and in a team
• Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
• Proficient in learning new computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and collaboration tools
• Thorough and results-oriented
• Excellent teamwork skills
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our online application process, by visiting here. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.