Associate Engineer, Water Resources
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
A growing population, the continuous urbanization and the need for clean water requires solutions to manage surface and groundwater systems in rural and urban watersheds that are environmentally sustainable and economically viable. We are looking for a water resources engineer with specialization in stormwater management to work in a multidisciplinary environment on forensic engineering assignments in the areas of construction and land development, environmental remediation and restoration, flood risk assessment, mine planning design closure and reclamation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Associate will report directly into Practice Lead, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform site examinations, document review and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Manage projects in an efficient manner and develop an understanding of billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on projects according to organizational best practices
- Continue to establish your presence in the marketplace through regular publication, in-person client meetings and participation in professional communities
- Move towards independence in client interactions and file-based analysis
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
- Develop a market understanding and begin to contribute to marketing events, moving towards independent marketing presence
- Work towards providing expert testimony in court
- Currently registered or eligible for registration with the PEO
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Water Resources Engineering preferred
- Minimum post-graduation 5-year experience in design / construction and management of projects in the area of stormwater management, flood protection and urban water systems design.
- Experience in stormwater management plans involving hydraulic and hydrologic modeling analyses; design and construction of stormwater management ponds, storm and sanitary sewers, flood plains, and watermains; use of stormwater modeling software and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of codes and standards
- Willing to travel across Canada
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and collaboration tools
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our online application process, by visiting here.