Associate, Human Factors
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff serve a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
Purpose: The Associate will report directly into the Practice Lead of the group, partnering with Senior and Intermediate Associates across the firm to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, research and analysis; and prepare technical reports, presentations and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Partner with Senior and Intermediate Associates to perform site examinations relating to driver performance in collision and non-collision events
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on projects according to organizational best practices
- Continue to establish your presence in the marketplace through regular publication, in-person client meetings and participation in professional communities
- Develop an understanding of the core values of the firm and familiarization with the strategic plan
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues
- Synthesize research and evidence into a cohesive and straight-forward opinion
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- With Senior and Intermediate Associates, complete tasks within investigations according to client-approved scopes of work, in order to deliver high quality reports on time and within budget
- Put a key emphasis and focus on the development of skills specific to the business and work towards being a significant contributor to the firm
- Be prepared to provide expert testimony in court
- Post graduate degree in human factors, kinesiology or engineering (with human factors content) with emphasis in driver performance, reaction time, perception and response, is preferred
- Work experience in forensic engineering and human factors an asset
- A sound base in the application of engineering and/or scientific method to problem solving
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage many ongoing projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Ability to synthesize and distill research, scholarly peer-reviewer experience an asset
- Excellent teamwork skills
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our applicant tracking system:
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.