Vancouver (and Lower Mainland), BC
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of over 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
Based out of the Vancouver office, the Associate will report directly to the Practice Lead of the Remediation Group in Toronto and will collaborate on environmental, health & safety and industrial hygiene projects with other discipline experts to serve clients in the context of due diligence environmental site assessments, environmental impairment insurance claims, and environmental and professional practice legal matters. This work will include environmental site and indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments, property examinations, peer review support, data reduction and evaluation, and the preparation of technical reports at the highest standards of technical writing.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on projects according to organizational best practices
• Continue to establish your presence in the marketplace through regular publication, in-person client meetings and participation in professional communities
• Move towards independence in client interactions and file-based analysis
• Begin to manage projects in an efficient manner and develop an understanding of billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
• Perform site examinations, document review and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients
• Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
• Develop a market understanding and begin to contribute to marketing events, moving towards independent marketing presence
• Be prepared to provide expert testimony in court
• Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
• Test operation and confirm calibration of systems and equipment
• Interpretation of analytical laboratory results
• Work towards becoming technically independent (i.e., final sign off) in applicable aspects of environmental site assessment, designated substances abatement and remediation practices
• Spend approximately 70% of your time working on client files
• Spend approximately 10% of your time on industry and marketing activities
• Spend approximately 20% of your time on professional development
• Five years’ experience in field and construction-site settings, including proper use of personal protective equipment and compliance with health & safety requirements in British Columbia
• A strong foundation in the application of engineering or science principles and the scientific method problem solving, including indoor environmental and hazardous materials assessments
• Working understanding of indoor air quality and hazardous material regulations in British Columbia
• Potential for future certification as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Certified Engineering Technician (CET), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Willingness to travel throughout Western Canada
•Working knowledge of certain engineering, science and project management software (e.g., analytical chemistry data reduction, statistical analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), modelling, graphical software (CAD) an asset
• Second language an asset
Competencies and Attributes:
• Ability to manage projects
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
• Capacity for learning
• Capability to work independently and in a team
• Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
• Thorough and results oriented
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary that is line with our defined pay structure
• Opportunity to earn annual bonus
• Flexible hours
• Hybrid remote work along with a variety of virtual and in-person events to help drive business and also connect with your colleagues
• Extended Health & Dental from day one
• PTO – Vacation & Personal Days
• Learning & Development
• Coverage of relevant certifications
• Wellness subsidy
30 Forensic Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
1. Recruiter Phone Interview
2. Hiring Manager(s) Interview
3. Team Interview
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our applicant tracking system: https://30fe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=73
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.