We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Associate will report directly to the Practice Lead of the Remediation Group in Toronto and will collaborate on environmental, health & safety and industrial hygiene projects with other discipline experts to serve clients in the context of due diligence environmental site assessments, environmental impairment insurance claims, and environmental and professional practice legal matters. This work will include environmental site assessments, property examinations, peer review support, data reduction and evaluation, and the preparation of technical reports at the highest standards of technical writing.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Focus on technical growth through both professional development and work on client files
- Begin to establish your presence in the marketplace through continued publication, in-person client meetings and participation in communities
- Focus on technical growth through site examinations, document review and effective communication of investigation and analysis findings to colleagues
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across other disciplines
- Develop a market understanding and contribute to marketing events
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports based upon sound field investigations and analysis
- Test operation of systems and equipment
- Interpretation of analytical laboratory results
- Work towards becoming technically independent (i.e., final sign off) in applicable aspects of environmental site assessment, designated substances abatement, contaminated site risk management, and remediation practices
- Spend approximately 70% of your time working on client files
- Spend approximately 30% of your time on professional development
- Experience in field and construction-site settings, including proper use of personal protective equipment and compliance with health & safety requirements in Ontario
- A strong foundation in the application of engineering or science principles and the scientific method problem solving, including indoor environmental and hazardous materials assessments
- Potential for future certification as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Certified Engineering Technician (CET), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH),
- Valid driver’s license Willingness to travel within Canada
- Working or advanced knowledge of certain engineering and science software (e.g., analytical chemistry data reduction, statistical analysis, modelling, graphical software (CAD)) an asset
- Ability to work in both French and English an asset
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and Collaboration tools
- Thorough and results oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our applicant tracking system:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.