Vancouver, BC (Hybrid Remote)
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Architectural or Engineering Technologist will report directly into the Manager of the group and will be an integral part of the design team by developing and preparing accurate engineering drawings from field measurements, sketches, calculations, specification sheets and other data in an efficient and professional manner. The Engineering Technologist is responsible for support during on site engineering examinations, including but not limited to surveying and 3D laser scanning.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Operate standard computer-assisted design (AutoCAD) in various capacities
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from field measurements, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Provide additional engineering support on site examinations including using Total Station survey equipment and 3D Laser Scanner Survey
- Develop and prepare geometric analysis and evidentiary drawings
- Produce drawing sets for building application submissions
- Check and verify drawings to conform to specifications and provided data
- Communicate and consult with engineers to resolve any drawing issues
- Perform additional duties as required
- Completion of 3 year college program in Architectural or Civil Technologies or related field
- Minimum of 2 years AutoCAD experience
- Previous experience in a professional services industry as an Architectural or Engineering Technologist beneficial
- Knowledge of current applicable Building Codes beneficial
- 3D Laser scanner survey experience an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Experience with other Autodesk software (or similar software) an asset: Civil3D, Revit, 3DSMax
- Experience with software programs (or similar software) an asset: FARO Scene, FARO As-built
- Experience of Total Station an asset
- Ability to identify and support needs of internal client base
- Registration or eligibility for registration in OACETT as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
Competencies and Attributes:
- Proficiency and desire in learning new computer applications
- Highly ethical work, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to internally manage expectations, timelines, and budgets
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
Our Mission: We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work: Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our applicant tracking system:
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted