Human Resources Coordinator
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will provide support with employee relations, talent acquisition, onboarding and orientation, benefits administration as well as numerous HR Projects, practices and policies. Key areas of focus will include, but not be limited to:
HR Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Serves as first point of contact for HR inquiries and supports employee orientation, onboarding and offboarding process
- Responding to various employee enquires and assisting the Human Resource Director with employee relations matters; ensuring appropriate follow up and thorough communication
- Builds relationships with employees and managers to support business as required
- Provides feedback and is responsible for assisting in implementing procedures and policies to continually improve HR departmental efficiency and the organization as a whole
- Maintain employee records in a confidential manner
- Leverage HR systems for various reporting needs
- Researching HR best practices in the development of initiatives and policies
- Ensure that business, HRIS, legislative and other requirements are met
- Creating and preparing forms, letters and documents to support HR transactions such as hires, promotions and corporate communications
- Employee Benefits administration for the firm
- Assist with recruitment activities with such tasks as posting jobs, editing of job descriptions, pre-screening of resumes, scheduling of interviews, reference checks and candidate follow up
- Assist with the administration of social media channels (for talent acquisition) and general employer branding
- Design and implementation assistance on training plans firm wide
- Participate in Human Resources projects as required
- Conduct research into employment standards, best practices, articles/case studies
- Perform additional duties as required
Health and Safety Coordination Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Health & Safety training
- Maintain employee Health & Safety records
- Ensure staff are equipped with required personal protective equipment and supplies
- Attend JHSC meetings and take meeting minutes;
- Liase between H&S and HR; and
- Work health and safety experts to maintain WSIB Excellence Program commitments.
- Post-secondary education in HR or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 2-3 years of HR Generalist experience working in a fast-paced environment
- The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education ideally with a concentration in Human Resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Competencies and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement and decision making
- Ability to approach problems from a solution-oriented standpoint with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong organization skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Thorough and Results Oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume directly through our applicant tracking system:
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted