Intermediate Associate Engineer, Fire
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Intermediate Associate will report directly to the Senior Associate of the Fire Group. In addition, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare engineering reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Provide technical leadership within the Group’s investigations, projects, and tasks, including the development and implementation of desk study and field investigations
- Mentoring, coaching and/or direct supervision of one or two Associates on investigation assignments; actively participate in Performance Management and Scorecard creation
- Working closely with Associates to perform fire and explosions at commercial, industrial and residential locations
- Directly liaise with clients on a regular basis and provide updates throughout the investigation
- Coordinate with Fire and Police Departments to request information related to investigations
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Strategic Plan and core values of the firm and develop testing and analysis protocols
- Participate with other -30- staff in business development, as well as the promotion of advancing market growth opportunities; attendance of industry seminars and events
- Become technically independent (i.e. final sign off) on all aspects of technical investigations
- Perform site examinations relating to loss/failure
- Test operation of systems and equipment
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to clients and others within boardrooms, during mediations, and trials
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, and other regulations
- Assist in developing and preparing engineering drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget
- Work towards providing expert testimony in court
- Perform additional duties as required
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience (post-degree) working at as a fire investigator.
- Currently registered with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- Additional certifications sought for this role: CFEI, CVFI, CFI, WETT, G1, LP, GPI
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards such as NFPA 921, 1033, and the Fire Code
- Exposure to engineering in a consulting environment preferred with a sound base in the application of engineering to solve complex problems
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to through our applicant tracking system link provided https://30fe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted