Junior Associate, Collision Reconstruction (12 month Contract, New Grad)
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Junior Associate will be an integral part of the Collision Reconstruction (CR) team; working under a senior engineer (P.Eng.) to consult with clients, perform examinations, testing and analysis and prepare engineering reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner. This position is for the Toronto office and the successful candidate will report directly to the Practice Lead of CR. Key areas of focus will include, but not be limited to:
- • Partner with Senior and Intermediate Associates to perform post collision vehicle and site examinations relating to loss/failure
• Conduct research into design, operation and performance of vehicle mechanisms, components and systems leading to failure
• Test operation of vehicles and perform collision simulations
• Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to both colleagues and clients
• Develop an understanding of the core values of the firm and familiarization with the strategic plan Review plans and specifications with Senior and Intermediate Associates to determine whether they meet relevant guidelines, codes, and other regulations
• Assist in the preparation of technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis with Senior and Intermediate Associates, complete tasks within investigations according to client-approved scopes of work, in order to deliver high quality reports on time and within budget
• Put a key emphasis and focus on the development of skills specific to the business and work towards being a significant contributor to the firm.
• Participation in industry events and seminars
• Perform additional duties as required
- • Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, post grad degree of benefit
• Experience working in an engineering or scientific consulting environment; exposure to the automotive industry or vehicle design a plus
• Experience working in a troubleshooting, fault-finding or field technical support capacity is required
• A sound base in the application of engineering and/or scientific method to problem solving
• Valid G driver’s license mandatory Excellent technical writing skills are a must
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Competencies and Attributes:
- • Ability to manage projects
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
• Capacity for learning
• Capability to work independently and in a team
• Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
• Proficient in learning new computer applications
• Thorough and results-oriented
• Excellent teamwork skills
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.