Junior Associate (New Grad), Transportation (12-month contract)
Our Mission: We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Junior Associate will be an integral part of the Transportation team; working under the Practice Lead to consult with clients, perform examinations, conduct documentation review, analysis, and prepare engineering reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner. Key areas of focus will include, but not be limited to:
- Partner with Senior and Intermediate Associates to perform site examinations relating to road safety and collision/incident investigations
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others
- Direct the preparation of technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, and other data
- Review documentation and provide a summary of key findings
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Develop an understanding of the core values of the firm and familiarization with the strategic plan
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant transportation regulation, guidelines, standards, policies and practices
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget
- Working towards technical independence and providing expert testimony in court
- Start to develop and grow existing client base
- Participation in industry events and seminars
- Hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in transportation engineering (post Graduate degree is preferred)
- Thesis based graduate degree an asset
- Previous co-ops or transportation engineering knowledge an asset
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of road safety programs including, but not limited to, network screening, in-service safety reviews, safety audits, and collision modification factors.
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Have working knowledge of current transportation engineering software, including SynchroTM.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity and desire for continuous learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Excellent teamwork skills
How we work: Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our internal applicant tracking system link:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.