Sr. Associate, Building Science
Our Mission: We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Senior Associate will report directly to the Practice Lead, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform site examinations, document review and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and clients
- Prepare technical reports and drawings based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Direct the preparation of technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, and other data
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on their projects according to organizational best practices
- Directly liaise with clients on a regular basis and provide updates throughout the investigation
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s mission, vision and values
- Participate with other 30FE staff in business development, marketing as well as the advancement of market growth opportunities; attend industry seminars and events
- Manage projects in an efficient manner and adhere to any billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
- Develop and mentor members of your team and provide them opportunities for technical and business growth
- Work towards providing expert testimony in court
- 10 Years experience
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively is critical
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
- Willing and able to travel throughout Canada.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects effectively
- Solid Leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and Collaboration tools
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills and capable to work independently
What we offer:
- Competitive salary that is line with our defined pay structure
- Opportunity to earn annual bonus
- Flexible hours ·
- Hybrid remote work along with a variety of virtual and in-person events to help drive business and also connect with your colleagues
- Extended Health & Dental from day one·
- Vacation & Personal Days·
- Learning & Development·
- Coverage of relevant certifications
- Wellness subsidy
How we work:
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager(s) Interview
- Team Interview
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our internal applicant tracking system found here: https://30fe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=72
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.