Senior Associate, Human Factors
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff serve a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
Purpose: The Associate will report directly into the Practice Lead of the group, partnering with Senior and Intermediate Associates across the firm to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, research and analysis; and prepare technical reports, presentations and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Directly liaise with clients on a regular basis and provide updates throughout the investigation
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s mission, vision and values
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on their projects according to organizational best practices
- Participate with other 30FE staff in business development, marketing as well as the advancement of market growth opportunities; attend industry seminars and events
- Manage projects in an efficient manner and adhere to any billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
- Perform site examinations and document review, and effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
- Develop and mentor members of your team and provide them opportunities for technical and business growth
- Work towards providing expert testimony in court
- Be prepared to provide expert testimony in court
- Post graduate degree in human factors, kinesiology or engineering (with human factors content) with emphasis in driver performance, reaction time, perception and response, is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience (post-degree)
- Work experience in forensic engineering and human factors an asset
- A sound base in the application of engineering and/or scientific method to problem solving
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Good presentation skills are an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and Collaboration tools
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
Our Mission – We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence. How we work Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our applicant tracking system: https://30fe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=65
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.