Sr. Associate Engineer, Collision Reconstruction
Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Senior Associate will report directly to the Practice Lead of Collision Reconstruction and the Regional Director of Western Canada Practice Lead, collaborating with other subject matter experts to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform site examinations relating to collision/incident investigations and loss/failure
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others
- Direct the preparation of technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, and other data
- Manage client service deadlines, budgeting, invoicing and accounts receivable on their projects according to organizational best practices
- Directly liaise with clients on a regular basis and provide updates throughout the investigation
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s mission, vision and values
- Participate with other 30FE staff in business development, marketing as well as the advancement of market growth opportunities; attend industry seminars and events
- Manage projects in an efficient manner and adhere to any billing and reporting requirements and/or client-based master service agreements (MSAs)
- Work in a collaborative environment, both on your team and across disciplines
- Develop and mentor members of your team and provide them opportunities for technical and business growth
- Providing expert testimony in court
- 10-15 Years experience
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively is critical
- Good presentation skills are an asset
Competencies and Attributes:
- Prior qualification as an Expert Witness by a North American court a plus
- Ability to manage projects
- Leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning computer applications including business operation metrics as well as MS Office Suite and Collaboration tools
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implementing systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our online application process, by visiting here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.
For confidential inquiries on becoming a member of the 30 Forensic Engineering team, please contact:
Stephanie d’Obrenan, Director, Human Resources