Technical Report Writer/Editor
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America serving a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Technical Report Writer/Editor will work with subject matter experts to deliver high-quality technical reports to insurance, legal and private clients. The Technical Report Writer/Editor’s primary tasks will be editing, formatting and fine-tuning reports, ensuring they adhere to the Company style guide.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Review and edit technical reports for grammatical correctness, clarity and consistency
- Format technical reports to match company style
- Provide feedback to experts and work together to ensure reports meet clients’ needs
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to organize and write content for technical reports
- Summarize documentation and transcribe text and audio materials
- Contribute to internal technical writing projects
- Develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Support other members of the Technical Communications Team as necessary
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Minimum 1-2 years of writing/editing experience
- Educational background in English, Technical Communication or a related field
Competencies and Attributes:
- Exceptional writing capabilities and grasp of grammatical theory
- Ability to work under pressure
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Self-managed, thorough and results-oriented
- Collaborative mindset/team player
How we work
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering Inc. believes in creating an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the HR department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.