30 Forensic Engineering is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 70 professional investigators, engineering technicians and support staff serve a wide variety of industries including: Insurance, Manufacturing, Legal, Construction, Health Care, Commercial and Residential Property, Financial, Government, Hospitality, Mining, Renewable Energy and Transportation.
If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Associate will be an integral part of the Transportation team, working under the Practice Lead to consult with clients, perform examinations, conduct documentation review, analysis, and prepare engineering reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and maintaining growing transportation safety market in capital and eastern Canada region.
- Perform in-depth safety investigations for post collisions/incidents and potential improvement to existing or future facilities.
- Perform operational, maintenance, and design investigations for various transportation projects.
- Perform site examinations relating to transportation user safety and collision/incident investigations.
- Direct the preparation of technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, and other data.
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis.
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget.
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others.
- Develop an understanding of the core values of the firm and familiarization with the strategic plan.
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant transportation regulation, guidelines, standards, policies, and practices.
- Working towards technical independence and providing expert testimony in court.
- Participate in developing and growing existing client base.
- Participation in client interactions, industry events and seminars.
- Hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in transportation engineering (post Graduate degree is preferred).
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in a transportation engineering environment, preferably in the area of transportation safety and in a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of prevailing transportation guidelines, standards, and regulations including, but not limited to, the Ontario Traffic Manuals, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads, HTA, and other TAC and Ministry of Transportation of Ontario publications.
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of road safety programs including, but not limited to, network screening, in-service safety reviews, safety audits, and collision modification factors.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Experience in legal or litigation field would be an asset.
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Good presentation skills are an asset.
- Have working knowledge of current transportation engineering software, including SynchroTM.
- Work from the 30FE office 6/8 times per month
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage.
- Capacity for learning.
- Capability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written.
- Proficient in learning new computer applications.
- Thorough and results oriented.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
We are problem solvers. Together, our passionate and diverse professionals are relentless in their pursuit of the truth. We bring clarity to complex scientific problems to help our clients make decisions with confidence.
How We Work:
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
30 Forensic Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager(s) Interview
- Team Interview
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our internal applicant tracking system link:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.