30 Forensic Engineering, based in Toronto, has been serving the insurance and legal industries for 15 years and is one of Canada’s largest and most respected multi-disciplinary forensic firms. Our core team of 50 professional investigators is enhanced through relationships with some of the top scientists, standard-makers and specialized consultants in North America. We provide world-class engineering and consulting expertise in: Civil/Structural, Geotechnical and Mining, Construction Claims, Personal Injury and Collision Reconstruction, Electrical and Renewable Energy, Environmental Health and Safety, Remediation, Materials Failure/HVAC, and Fire and Explosion investigations.
Our corporate philosophy is based on providing an unparalleled combination of technical excellence, powerful reporting and professional service. That, combined with our commitment to ethical practice, has quickly established us as the preeminent forensic firm in Canada servicing the legal and insurance industries. The firm is progressive in its management practices and is committed to implement systems and protocols that will support ongoing growth.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work on diverse, challenging, and engaging projects and to fast track your career? If you want to be a part of this fun, exciting, and growing firm and contribute your skills, knowledge, and abilities to our diverse and growing group of professionals, we are looking for you.
The Transportation Engineer will report directly into the Vice President of Consulting, collaborating with other subject matter experts in Civil Engineering, Collision Reconstruction and Human Factors to consult with clients; perform examinations, testing, and analysis; and prepare technical reports and findings in a clear, concise, efficient and professional manner.
Role responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Perform site examinations relating to road user safety, collision analysis, traffic operations, and risk management, including the development and implementation of both desk study and field investigations.
- Participate with other -30- Forensic Engineering staff in business development, as well as the promotion of advancing market growth opportunities.
- Effectively communicate investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others
- Direct the preparation of technical drawings and simulations from field measurements, sketches, technical calculations, and other data
- Prepare technical reports based upon sound investigations and analysis
- Develop an understanding of the core values of the firm and familiarization with the strategic plan
- Review plans and specifications to determine whether they meet relevant transportation regulation, guidelines, standards, policies and practices
- Manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget
- Working towards providing expert testimony in court
- Start to develop and grow existing client base
- Participation in industry events and seminars
- Hold, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in transportation engineering and/or road safety (post Graduate degree is preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of prevailing transportation guidelines, standards, and regulations including the Ontario Traffic Manual, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads, HTA, and other TAC and Ministry of Transportation of Ontario publications.
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of road safety programs including, but not limited to, network screening, in-service safety reviews, safety audits, and collision modification factors.
- Excellent technical writing skills are a must
- Ability to present to and communicate effectively with clients
- Have working knowledge of current transportation engineering software, including SynchroTM.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated and ability to self-manage
- Capacity for learning
- Capability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
- Proficient in learning new computer applications
- Thorough and results-oriented
- Excellent teamwork skills
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume through our online application process or directly to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those qualified for the position will be contacted.